Revision as of 12:14, 22 June 2013 by J.R.R. Tolkien
Events that occurred on 7 August
- 1952 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes a letter to George and Moira Sayer.
- 1954 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 148.
- 1964 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 259.
- 1972 – Actor Karl Urban is born.
- 1981 - Mythcon XII at Mills College in Oakland, California.
- 1982 - The fourth episode of the new version of the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 1994 - Mythcon XXV at American University, Washington, D.C.
- 1995 - Mythcon XXVI in Berkeley, California.
- 2005 - Omentielva Minya - 1st International Conference on Tolkien's Invented Languages in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2006 - Mythcon XXXVII at University of Oklahoma, Norman.
- 2009 - At Montreal's WorldCon, The Lord of the Rings wins the 2009 Prometheus Hall of Fame Award for the best classic literary work of liberty.
- 2009 - Omentielva Nelya - 3rd International Conference on Tolkien's Invented Languages in Whitehaven, England.