Revision as of 18:38, 27 July 2010 by Ederchil
Events which occurred on 9 October.
- 1937 - Brian Blessed, who would play Farmer Giles in Tales from the Perilous Realm (1992 radio series), is born.
- 1953 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 141.
- 1959 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letter 218.
- 1964 - Guillermo del Toro, co-writer of the upcoming The Hobbit duology, is born.
- 1968 - Video game writer František Fuka is born.
- 1979 - The Jackanory episode "Inside Information" is aired on the BBC.
- T.A. 3018:
- With Frodo severely wounded, Strider and the four hobbits travel slowly towards Rivendell.
- Glorfindel and other High Elves leave Rivendell in search of the Ring-bearer.
- Gandalf hurries towards Rivendell after the Black Riders attacked him on Weathertop.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.