A Elbereth Gilthoniel
Revision as of 00:58, 22 April 2006 by Narfil Palùrfalas
- A Elbereth Gilthoniel
- Silivren penna míriel
- o menel aglar elenath!
- Na-chaered palan-díriel
- o galadhremmin Ennorath,
- Fanuilos, le linnathon
- nef aear, si nef Aearon.
Which translates as
- O Elbereth Starkindler
- (white) glittering slants down
- sparkling like jewels
- from [the] firmament [the] glory [of] the star-host!
- To-remote distance far-having gazed
- from [the] tree-tangled middle-lands,
- Fanuilos, to thee I will chant
- on this side of ocean, here on this side of the Great Ocean!
The rest of it is not saved but it is possible that 'Oh Snow-white' is a Westron translation or variation of this aerlinn.