Anders Stenström, aka Beregond, is a Swedish Tolkien scholar.
Beregond has researched different aspects of the works of Tolkien, published several articles, and been a speaker at and organizer of conferences and conventions. Together with Kristina Valinger, Beregond was responsible for the creation of the Swedish subtitles for Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings. He was consulted for Erik Andersson's new Swedish translation of The Lord of the Rings.
Beregond is currently one of the organizers of Omentielva, the International Conference on J.R.R. Tolkien's Invented Languages, a series of biennial conferences at changing locations. He is also editor of Arda and Arda Philology.
- 1986: Arda 1982-83
- "Något om tideräkningen i Rohan / Some Notes on Time-reckoning in Rohan"
- 1987: Tolkien and the Spirit of the Age
- "Marvels of the North[ern] World: Some Notes on Tolkien and the Spirit of Science"
- 1988: Arda 1984/1985
- Något om pipor, blad och rökning / Some Notes on Pipes, Leaf and Smoking
- "Striking Matches - An Exegesis of H V:4 / Kunde tändstickorna strykas?"
- 1990: Arda 1986
- "Något om Ringbärarens dagar kring Spindelns Pass / Some Notes on the Ringbearer's Days around the Pass of the Spider"
- 1992: Arda 1987
- "The Figure of Beorn / Beorngestalten"
- 1993: Scholarship and Fantasy
- "Some Notes on Giants in Tolkien's Writings"
- 1994: Arda 1988-1991
- "Skönhet och fara och sorg: En tankeväv hos Tolkien / Beauty and Peril and Sorrow"
- 1995: Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference
- "A Mythology? For England?"
- 2004: Translating Tolkien: Text and Film
- "Tolkien in Swedish Translation: from Hompen to Ringarnas herre"
- 2006: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- "'MS Bodley 34: A re-collation of a collation'"
- "Sweden: Reception of Tolkien"
- "Swedish Language"
- 2009: Arda Philology 2
- "Phonotactic Preferences in the Root Repertories of 'Qenya Lexicon' and 'The Etymologies'"
- Tolkien's Arda (online magazine in Swedish)
- Private correspondance with Anders Stenström, as of July 2010