Arden R. Smith
Arden Ray Smith (January 4, 1966) is a member of the Elvish Linguistic Fellowship, and a columnist and editor of Vinyar Tengwar. He writes the popular column "Transitions in Translations", in which odd elements in translations of Tolkien's work are described and commented upon. He has a large collection of translated versions.
- Vinyar Tengwar
- (various issues)
- Tolkien Studies: Volume 3
- "Translating Tolkien: Philological Elements in 'The Lord of the Rings' (review)", a review of Allan Turner's book, in .
- J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment
- (various entries)
- Other Hands 31/32 (linguistic contribution)
- 2006: The Lord of the Rings 1954-2004: Scholarship in Honor of Richard E. Blackwelder
- "Tolkienian Gothic"