|Titles||King of Arthedain|
|Birth||T.A. 1226 |
|Rule||T.A. 1349 - 1356|
|Death||T.A. 1356 (aged 130)|
|House||House of Isildur|
By the time Argeleb came to power, the line of kings had failed in the kingdoms of Cardolan and Rhudaur, so Argeleb claimed sovereignty over all of Arnor (taking the royal prefix ar(a)- as a token of this). He was thus not only the seventh King of Arthedain, but also the seventeenth King of Arnor. Cardolan accepted this rule, but by then Rhudaur had fallen under the control of Angmar, and resisted his claim. In response, Argeleb fortified the hills, but he was killed in T.A. 1356 fighting evil men from Rhudaur and Angmar.
Portrayal in Adaptations
- In the Angmar campaign of the expansion pack The Rise of the Witch-king, Argeleb comes to the aid of the struggling kingdom of Rhudaur. He arrives from the North after the player destroys the first of two fortresses, and has to be defeated for the level to pass.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "The Heirs of Elendil", p. 194
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Northern Line: Heirs of Isildur"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Eriador, Arnor, and the Heirs of Isildur"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "The Realms in Exile", "The Northern Line: Heirs of Isildur", note 4
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
|7th King of Arthedain
T.A. 1349 - 1356
|The Northern Line and the Heirs of Isildur|
|Kings of Arnor:||Elendil · Isildur · Valandil · Eldacar · Arantar · Tarcil · Tarondor · Valandur · Elendur · Eärendur|
|Kings of Arthedain:||Amlaith · Beleg · Mallor · Celepharn · Celebrindor · Malvegil · Argeleb I · Arveleg I · Araphor · Argeleb II · Arvegil · Arveleg II · Araval · Araphant · Arvedui|
|Chieftains of the Dúnedain:||Aranarth · Arahael · Aranuir · Aravir · Aragorn I · Araglas · Arahad I · Aragost · Aravorn · Arahad II · Arassuil · Arathorn I · Argonui · Arador · Arathorn II · Aragorn II|
|Kings of Arnor:||Elessar · Eldarion|