Basil Bunting and J.R.R. Tolkien
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 20:10, 3 December 2011
- 1965 BBC Interview (interviewer: Denys Gueroult)
- 1964 BBC Interview, First Part (interviewer: Irene Slade): "Strong female interviewer gives the feeling of bullying and cowing an elfish Tolkien, but still offers insight into the man behind The Lord of the Rings"
- 1964 BBC Interview, Second Part (interviewer: Denys Gueroult)
- Type: Audio Cassette
- Released: 1980
- American edition
- Title: Basil Bunting and J.R.R. Tolkien
- Series: The Authors Speaks
- Publisher: Jeffrey Norton Publishers, Suite L600, 96 Broad St., Guilford, CT 06437. Audio-Forum Label.
- ISBN-10: 0884322998
- ISBN-13: 9780884322993
- Dimensions: 9.75"H x 7"W x 0.75"D; 0.5 lbs.
- UK edition
- Title: Interviews with Tolkien and Basil Bunting
- Publisher: London: BBC Cassettes (BBC Study Tapes)
On Side 1 is a rare interview, recorded in 1964, with J. R. R. Tolkien and Denis Gueroult about his imaginary world of "Middle Earth" and the languages he created for his characters in The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Inventing languages was one of his childhood pastimes, while in his academic life at Oxford he was Professor of Anglo-Saxon and later of English Language and Literature. Tolkien's personality and his views on man, society and politics come across clearly in this illuminating conversation.
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: Reader's Guide, p. 824.
- ↑ Karen Chung, "Audio books (on tape and CD) available in the NTU Audio-Visual Library with occasional notes". Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- ↑ Perry C. Bramlett (2002), I Am in Fact a Hobbit: Appendix 6, p. 236.
- ↑ BestBookBuys, as of 13 September 2010.
- ↑ Amazon.com, as of 13 September 2010.
- ↑ Tolkiencollector.com, as of 13 September 2010.