Bradley J. Birzer
Dr. Bradley J. Birzer is an American scholar. He is the Amos Kirk Chair in history and director of American studies at Hillsdale College, Michigan. Though his main focus is American politics of the Jacksonian era, as well as the Civil War and the Indian Wars, he has published several articles and one book about J.R.R. Tolkien, mainly focusing on Christianity.
- 2001: New Oxford Review
- 2003: Christian History, Issue 78
- "Tolkien: Man Behind the Myth"
- 2004: J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment, entries
- "Aquinas, Thomas"
- "Catholicism, Roman"
- "Christian Readings of Tolkien"
- "Fall of Man"
- "Saint John"
- 2001: "Both rings were round, and there the resemblance eases": Tolkien, Wagner, Nationalism, and Modernity
- Undated: "Tolkien's Worlds: Judeo-Christian Faerie Tales"