Revision as of 11:37, 20 July 2013 by Morgan
Portrayal in adaptations
1982-97: Middle-earth Role Playing:
- Camels, level 4 animals, are called devevi (sing. deve) in Apysaic (a language of south-western Endor). There are both one- and twohumped variants of the beast. Staibir is the name of a War Camel appearing in an adventure set in Southwestern Middle-earth.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, "Qenyaqetsa: The Qenya Phonology and Lexicon", in Parma Eldalamberon XII (edited by Carl F. Hostetter, Christopher Gilson, Arden R. Smith, and Patrick H. Wynne)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, "Early Qenya and The Valmaric Script", in Parma Eldalamberon XIV (edited by Carl F. Hostetter, Christopher Gilson, Arden R. Smith, Patrick H. Wynne, and Bill Welden), p. 27
- ↑ Ruth Sochard Pitt, Jeff O'Hare, Peter C. Fenlon, Jr. (1994), Creatures of Middle-earth (2nd edition) (#2012), "Riding and Draft Animals"
- ↑ Jessica Ney (ed.; 1990), Angus McBride's Characters of Middle-earth (#8007), pp. 26-7