|Events||T.A. 2941: The eagles place Thorin and Company on top.|
The Carrock was a stony eyot in the upper reaches of the River Anduin, to the north of the Old Ford. The river looped around the rock although there was a ford of stones to the eastern bank. At the base was a little cave with adjacent steps that led to a flat space upon the top.
 Other Versions of the Legendarium
 See also
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Map of Wilderland"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Queer Lodgings"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 207
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, John D. Rateliff (ed.), The History of The Hobbit, Mr. Baggins, The Second Phase, "Medwed", note 12, p. 246