Revision as of 09:43, 20 September 2009 by Sage
Minor changes of the Primitive Quendian brought the state of Common Eldarin. These changes had to do with several developments of the word-forms, usually normalization. For example:
- Medial h was lost; PQ: -hô > CE: -ô
- "Difficult" consonant clusters, usually those with nasals (like bm and dn), were rearranged; PQ: labmâ (root LAB) > CE: lambâ, PQ: stabnê (root STAB) > CE stambê
- 3t > cht; PQ: ma3tâ > CE: mahtâ (pronounced machta)
- Final short -a, -e, -o is lost; PQ: ndêro > CE: ndæ^r (kwende > quendë is an exception)
- PQ: wo > CE: wa
- Later stage: final long -â, -ê, -î, -ô, -û became short.