|Education||University of Illinois at Chicago|
|Occupation||Professor of English|
Glyer was introduced to the Inklings at High School. She read The Lord of the Rings, and became interested in the friendship of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. She would spend twenty years working on research about it, focusing mainly on completeness of primary sources.
In 1997 she received the Clyde S. Kilby Research Grant. This endowed award is presented annually by the Steering Committee of the Marion E. Wade Center to a scholar engaged in a publishable project related to one of the seven authors on which the Center focuses. The intention of the award is both to recognize scholarly contributions and also to assist the work of those who use the resources of the Wade Center.
- 1993 - Proceedings of the J.R.R. Tolkien Centenary Conference
- "More Than a Bandersnatch: The Influence of the Inklings on Tolkien's Middle-Earth"
- 2003 - Tollers and Jack: A Comparative Look at the Lives and works of J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis
- 2007 - Mythlore 99/100
- "The Centre of the Inklings: Lewis? Tolkien? Barfield? Williams?"
- 2008 - Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies - The Company They Keep
- 2007 - Imperishable Flame Award, Tolkien/Inklings Scholarship, The Company They Keep