Dietrich Ebert (born 1948) is a German designer and illustrator.
Dietrich Ebert was born in St. Peter in the German state of Baden-Württemberg. As a graphic designer Dietrich Ebert work for several advertising agencies and industrial concerns. Since more than twenty-five years Ebert designs book covers for the publishing company Klett-Cotta. In 1986 Klett-Cotta published with Der Tolkien Kalender 1986 a German Tolkien Calendar with 12 color illustrations of Middle-earth made by Dietrich Ebert. Dietrich Ebert lives and works in Reutlingen, Germany.
The following German editions of J.R.R. Tolkien’s works were designed or illustrated by Dietrich Ebert:
- Das Silmarillion (The Silmarillion) by J.R.R. Tolkien (Christopher Tolkien), Klett-Cotta 1978.
- Frodos Reisen (Journeys of Frodo) by Barbara Strachey, Klett-Cotta 1981.
- Nachrichten aus Mittelerde (Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-earth) by J.R.R. Tolkien (Christopher Tolkien), Klett-Cotta 1983.
- Die Abenteuer des Tom Bombadil (The Adventures of Tom Bombadil) by J.R.R. Tolkien, Klett-Cotta 1984.
- Das Buch der Verschollenen Geschichten (The Book of Lost Tales) (Part 1 and 2) by J.R.R. Tolkien (Christopher Tolkien), Klett-Cotta 1986.
- Briefe (Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien) published by Christopher Tolkien and Humphrey Carpenter, Klett-Cotta 1991.
- Handbuch der Weisen von Mittelerde by Wolfgang Krege, Klett-Cotta 1996.
- Der Herr der Ringe (The Lord of the Rings) by J. R. R. Tolkien, in one volume (red edition), Klett-Cotta 2000.
- Der Herr der Ringe by J.R.R. Tolkien, in three volumes (green edition), Klett-Cotta 2000.
- Der Herr der Ringe – Anhänge und Register (Appendices), Klett-Cotta 2000.
- Der Herr der Ringe by J.R.R. Tolkien, special edition (leater edition), Klett-Cotta 2003.
- Klett-Cotta Website (German)