English actor Dominic Monaghan (born 1976 in Berlin, Germany) played Meriadoc "Merry" Brandybuck in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. He is also the narrator of Ringers: Lord of the Fans, a documentary about the influence of J.R.R. Tolkien in popular culture.
- "I won't miss having to stand for two hours at 4:30 a.m. and have freezing cold glue applied to my feet. I won't miss two-hour drives to work or long, long, long days sitting in my trailer waiting...waiting...waiting. I won't miss one day off a week. I won't miss glue in my ears. But I would do it all again tomorrow."
- ― Dominic Monaghan, E! Online Force of the Hobbit
- "We work so well with [Peter Jackson] because Pete understands Hobbits so well. Because he is a Hobbit. He has so many Hobbit qualities to him."
- ― Dominic Monaghan
- "When the story begins, Merry is in the prime of life, he's having fun and he's well liked. He's really just one of the lads. Then, as the journey unfolds, he finds himself in situations where he has to look after people or make decisions that a hobbit would never normally have to make."
- ― Dominic Monaghan, The Lord of the Rings Official Movie Guide