Essays Presented to Charles Williams
Revision as of 12:09, 19 October 2012 by Mithbot
|Essays Presented to Charles Williams|
|Publisher||Oxford University Press (Amen House, London)|
|Released||4 December 1947|
|Format||Hardback in dustwrapper|
Essays Presented to Charles Williams is a collection of six articles by friends of Charles Williams, written to present to him on his leaving Oxford, but published to honour his death in 1945.
- C.S. Lewis: Preface
- Dorothy Sayers: "'... And Telling you a Story': A Note on The Divine Comedy"
- J.R.R. Tolkien: "On Fairy-Stories"
- C.S. Lewis: "On Stories"
- A.O. Bartfield: "Poetic Diction and Legal Fiction"
- Gervase Mathew: "Marriage and Amour Courtois in Late-Fourteenth-Century England"
- W.H. Lewis: "The Galleys of France"