This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
|Location||Eastern Eriador, north of the Trollshaws|
|Description||Mountainous region infested with Trolls|
|Inhabitants||Trolls, possibly Orcs|
|Gallery||Images of Ettenmoors|
The first instance of troll-fells was devoid of a dash and was capitalized, "Trollfells": J.R.R. Tolkien wrote on a map: "Alter Entish Lands to [Trollfells > Bergrisland >] Ettenmoor". This is also the first mention of Ettenmoor(s) in the legendarium.
Portrayal in Adaptations
2007: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- The Ettenmoors is the region where player vs player play takes place. The land has three keeps (Lugazag, Tirith Rhaw and Tol Ascarnen), Isendeep Mine and Grimwood Lumber Camp that can be controlled by either the forces of Angmar or the Free Peoples of Middle-earth.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Flight to the Ford"
- ↑ Karen Wynn Fonstad, The Atlas of Middle-earth, pages 75, 80
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 183
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Treason of Isengard, "The First Map of The Lord of the Rings", p. 306