This article or section needs expansion and/or modification. Please help the wiki by expanding it.
This article or section needs more/new/more-detailed sources to conform to a higher standard and to provide proof for claims made.
Fíli and Kíli were the sons of Dís, the sister of Thorin. As his sister-sons, they accompanied their uncle on the Quest of Erebor. The brothers were the youngest of Thorin and Company by some 50 years.
After the death of their uncle, the brothers would be the only remaining descendants of Thrór's line and inherit the title of King under the Mountain. Their deaths ended the royal line, and the title passed to Dáin II. It was their heroic last stand that made their mother one of the very few Dwarf-women to be mentioned in the genealogies.
Portrayal in AdaptationsThe Hobbit (1968 radio series):
- Fíli is played by David Brierly.
1977: The Hobbit (1977 film):
- Fíli's voice is provided by Jack DeLeon.
- No actor is specified for the role of Fíli.
1982: The Hobbit (1982 video game):
2003: The Hobbit (2003 video game):
- No actor is credited for the role of Fíli.
2012-3: The Hobbit films:
- Dean O'Gorman will portray Fíli. O'Gorman joined the cast on 30 April 2011 after Rob Kazinsky, who was originally cast as Fíli, left the production for personal reasons.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "Over Hill and Under Hill"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "The Return Journey"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "Durin's Folk"
- ↑ Chester Nathan Gould, "Dwarf-Names: A Study in Old Icelandic Religion", published in Publications of the Modern Language Association of America, Vol 44 (1929), issue #4, pp. 939-967
- ↑ ZX Computing, 8304 (April/May 1983), p. 76, accessed April 24 2011
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Peter Jackson, "Casting news!" dated 30 April 2011, Facebook (accessed 23 December 2011)
- ↑ Peter Jackson, "Fili" dated 24 April 2011, Facebook (accessed 23 December 2011)
|Members of Thorin and Company|
|Thorin · Balin · Dwalin · Fíli · Kíli · Dori · Nori · Ori · Óin · Glóin · Bifur · Bofur · Bombur · Gandalf · Bilbo Baggins|