First Age 542
Revision as of 23:05, 29 September 2015 by Mith
Notable events in this year include:
- Eärendil and Elwing reach Aman. Eärendil delivers the message of the Two Kindreds to the Valar.
- The Valar answer Eärendil and agree to help the peoples of Middle-earth against Morgoth.
- Eärendil and Elwing are told that they must choose which Kindred to be counted amongst. The both choose to be counted as elves. The choice is also extended to their sons, Elrond and Elros.
- Wearing the Silmaril, Eärendil is borne up in his ship Vingilótë as a Star to provide hope to the peoples of Middle-earth.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "Part Three. The Wanderings of Húrin and Other Writings not forming part of the Quenta Silmarillion: V. The Tale of Years", p. 348
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath"