Forum:*How does one reply/send messages to a user?
Hi. I'm new here and I've just recieved a message. I can open and read it just fine, but I don't have the faintest idea how to reply to it. I then decided to send my reply via a message to the user (moderator - to be precise), but I could not find any link to send to him/her a message.
I am used to forums that have "PM" (private massage) and "Reply" buttons, so I am completely lost here.
- There's no such thing as a Private Message on a wiki - all messages are visible for everyone on the "User talk" page.
- To go to your own User talk page: see the "Personal Tools" at the bottom left menu? Click "My talk". To reply, click "edit" at the top, and reply underneath the message.
- Alternatively, you can reply on the other guy's User talk page. It's handier if you want a quick response (people get a big orange banner on top) but it's not really useful for archiving as it leaves you with two halves of a conversation.
- Or, just reply here. Where do the names come from? -- Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 16:53, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks! ^^
- Well, the names (Formenor, Eastland, Enegaer, etc.) are from a book called "Tolkien's World" (or something simmilar). I also used Google and found a map that also uses those names and concluded that they must be official, but just uncommon, since I couldn't find them here.
- I then edited one or two pages and created one or two of my own. I assumed (kinda stupid of me) that the edits and such would be sent to a moderator for revition before being added to the Wiki for authentisity's sake (sorry. I don't spell very well), but was obviously mistaken.
- I posted on your "talk page". Do you think my sources are reliable?