I really like the expansion that User:DoctorWellington is doing on chapters, however it does bring up an unresolved problem.
User:Sage did mention this before, but the consequence of adding Template:Chapter is that the list of chapters is removed (e.g. Template:Fotrchapters is now hardly used). I think it's a shame - and bad for the reader - for these to be missing, but I don't know how to resolve it. Any ideas? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 08:38, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
- Should we put the list of chapters over the infobox? I think it would be better if the list of chapters was under the infobox, but if it doesn't line up well, it might be better on top. --DoctorWellington 14:23, 22 January 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think that's a solution either because that will just make for an unwieldy page.
- Fundamentally, we never really made full use of this template because we weren't sure it adds value; I'm still not convinced. I am still of the view that this might not be adding that much value and all we're doing is preventing navigation through books. I certainly do not want chapter templates removed from Unfinished Tales or any History of Middle-earth books as the structure of those publications is not a formulaic novel where you pass from chapter to the next. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 22:05, 2 March 2018 (UTC)
- I'll stop if you think that is best. --DoctorWellington 15:08, 3 March 2018 (UTC)
- Is there a way to alter the width of the template without severely changing anything? I've looked at it, but I'm not very good with coding. (It took me about a half-hour to figure out how to make a family tree!) --DoctorWellington 19:51, 3 March 2018 (UTC)