First off, I want to thank everyone for reverting all the spam edits and tagging false pages for deletion.
The spam we've had this past months is hard to miss. And it seems endless. So, in a small (and frankly, one-sided) discussion, three users expressed the interest in locking the database for all unregistered users (perhaps only temporary), arguing that the little contributions we get from anons is a small loss compared to the gain of stopping the spam dead.
But me being Dutch and all (and one of the Dutch mantra's is "discussing without deciding is better than deciding without discussing"), want to put up a vote.
- Considering the need for a decision, vote before Wednesday, June 23, 18:00 UTC.
The Database Should Be Locked
- Arguments in Support:
- It stops the spambots cold.
- Therefore, it doesn't ruin Recent Changes and Page History any longer.
- The effort of reverting and deleting the pages is time consuming and works on my nerves.
- Anonymous edits these past months haven't really been good edits, or are edits that wouldn't be missed.
- Arguments in Opposition: