Forum:Elvish-English and English-Elvish entries
m (Suggestion for elvish words in the Wiki)
m (Reverted edit of 188.8.131.52, changed back to last version by Hyarion)
|(9 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 20:27, 1 September 2007
I would assume everyone is for having Elvish articles such as hyarmen being the word for south in Quenya. But what about English-Quneya/Sindarin entries? Such as utilizing Ardalambion's English-Quenya word list, this way someone could search for "tall" and the tall article would state in Quenya tall is halla. Obviously we would have a halla article that states in English it translates to tall, but would having the english articles be too much? --Hyarion 13:30, 9 March 2006 (EST)
- So, what you are proposing is some kind of dictionary?
- On a related note: what do we do with Elvish names and their English translations? Do they always get their seperate articles? I've wondered about that for some time now and was reminded by it when stumbling of Serindë today [nice thing, that 'Random Page' feature ;)]. The article is two sentences long, with the second being "Serindë means 'needlewoman'." Should we have a seperate article Needlewoman, with just one sentence: "Needlewoman is the translation of the name Serindë."?
- --Earendilyon 16:32, 9 March 2006 (EST)
- Ya, pretty much like a dictionary. Arg...ya the Serindë/Needlewoman/etc is something I've been stalling on. Personally I would create Needlewoman and as you said, state that it is translated to Serindë, this would also work well with the English-Elvish 'dictionary.' But I also tend to go way overboard with these things, heh. We can put it on the back-burner for now as I'd like to sort out all these wanted pages first. --Hyarion 18:26, 9 March 2006 (EST)
- What about including a readily accessible link to language dictionary/glossary pages on your UI, much like the nice 'insert special characters' area below? --Karakedi 15:19, 29 March 2007 (EDT)