Forum:Fingon article enhancement
Am completing a fleshing out of the article on Fingolfin's eldest son Fingon, as requested on the main page. Have some spelling errors and other "mechanic" touch-ups yet to do, just wrote the bridge section to the existing Maedhros rescue narrative; which was where the History section had originally started.
Agree? Disagree? I have the thick skin of Ironfoot so speak your mind honestly. Kind feedback is appreciated. Fudoki 03:04, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
- I reverted most of it. If you've got Ironfoot's skin, then...
- it had barely any structure
- it had many sentences that were simply much too long. Nested clauses seriously hamper readbility.
- it has way too much non-Fingon material, no matter how "tightly interwoven" it is. Context should be kept to a minimum as it destroys the pacing; a link to the Kinslaying suffices, what other people did during and after it is irrelevant to Fingon.
- it started out-of-universe, and had several other out-of-universe points throughout.
- it lacked sources to chapters. While it already lacked sources to begin with, expansion should include sources (though that's, admittedly, not in itself a reason for removal)
- Sorry, but reverting that was much better than reading up and cleaning up. --Ederchil (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 20:40, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
You will have the Wiki you prefer.
Sorry to have troubled you so.
Fudoki 20:47, 31 March 2018 (UTC)