Forum:New skin, cavendish
I've uploaded a new skin called cavendish (Preview) which is based on Mozilla.org. Let me know what you think, if you like it you can make it your default in your Preferences. There are a few things I'm going to try and change:
- Move "Personal tools" below Navigation.
- Fix the "Browse A B C..." area, not sure how to integrate those links yet.
- Just removed them for now.
- Maybe in the top yellow bar add some cursive Tengwar.
- Move the logo to the right and down a little.
- Make the width of everything slightly larger and maybe shrink the menu a bit.
I'd really like to get a solid skin out there that is more Tolkienish than that boring Monobook theme, this might be a better one to base the skin off of. Let me know what you guys think. --Hyarion 13:31, 14 October 2006 (EDT)
- Well, I've switched to it, because it is now the default. Some comments:
- Don't like the font as well. It seems harder to read for me.
- The Tolkien Gateway title at the upper left seems out of place; it should be at least on a background the same color as the title bar.
- More later. I've got to eat breakfast, but I'll be right back. --Narfil Palùrfalas 08:10, 17 October 2006 (EDT)
- I was hoping to get some feedback before making it the default but no one said anything so I figured I'd make sure you guys noticed :) We can definitely play around with some fonts, do you have any specific suggestions or was the previous one the best? You can also create a personal skin for yourself and by adding one line you could change the font of the entire site. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Tolkien Gateway being out of place, are we seeing the same thing? It should have "Tolkien Gateway" with a bit of dropshadow on the blue title bar background. Overall though, would you say the skin is at least an improvement over the old one? --Hyarion 12:38, 17 October 2006 (EDT)
- Well, I really didn't pay much attention to the alternate skins. Yes, I think the previous font was the best. On my browser, at least, there is a sky-blue square behind the "Tolkien Gateway" letters on top of the dark blue bar with the "search". With those changes I mentioned, I do think it would be an improvement over the last one. I've forgotten any other comments I had, so they probably weren't very important. . . --Narfil Palùrfalas 14:10, 17 October 2006 (EDT)
- Arg, I forgot IE doesn't know how to render alpha transparency. Leaving for an exam now but will have it fixed this afternoon. Thanks for letting me know. --Hyarion 14:28, 17 October 2006 (EDT)