Forum:One Wiki Merge
Revision as of 10:28, 24 May 2008 by Earendilyon
Hi, all of you. I'm TheGreyPilgrim, an admin from the One Wiki to Rule Them All. Hyarion has been talking to us about a merge, and I thought I would open up a topic about it for you guys. Thanks. TheGreyPilgrim 09:24, 15 May 2008 (EDT)
- I don't mind. Who gets to move? -- Ederchil 09:38, 15 May 2008 (EDT)
- I took a look. It looks like a pretty active wiki to me. And their graphics are impressive. Our content is somewhat higher quality, and they seem to have a vandalism problem. I was disturbed to see they use the same prologue pic on the Last Alliance War article that I used. Oops-- maybe I need a new pic.--Theoden1 19:27, 15 May 2008 (EDT)
- How do you and Hya see this merger? Move One Wiki articles to the Gateway, for example? Or more like some cooperation between the two? And what about some kind of cooperation with the wikis in other languages One Wiki links to? (, , , ) ~ Earendilyon 06:56, 17 May 2008 (EDT)
- We can read that we can vote on this merge, but no-one has yet explained what, how, when, nor why! ~ Earendilyon 15:13, 23 May 2008 (EDT)
- Regarding the wikis in other languages: with the exception of the German one, all the others seem dead so I don't think there is much to cooperate with. We already work with Ardapedia in German which is more active so we'll probably stick with them. We're also working with Tolkiendil in adding inter-wiki links.
- We need to get you back in the chat where a lot of the discussion has been taking place :). What: Everything, articles, images, users, templates, standards, etc. How: Copying/pasting the better article/image, re-registering users, voting on conflicting standards, etc. When: This summer. Why: Having the two wikis work together and combine to create the ultimate Tolkien resource has always been a dream of mine :) —Unsigned comment by Hyarion (talk • contribs).
- I've taken a quick glance at the German one; not really a positive review coming up. On 100% "movieverse" Hadhafang they cite "Der Herr der Ringe" (LotR) as a source, but they do exactly the same on Imrahil, who was 100% "bookverse".
- Oh, and wasn't there a Hungarian wiki you were talking with too? -- Ederchil 03:36, 24 May 2008 (EDT)
- Well, I think things like this shouldn't just be discussed in a chat that gets lost when closed, but also be posted here. That way, people who don't use chat can discuss these matters also or at least stay informed about them.
- Have you already thought about a name for the merged wiki? Will it be Tolkien Gateway or perhaps One Wiki to Rule Them All or maybe a combination Tolkien Gateway: One Wiki to Rule Them All? ~ Earendilyon 06:28, 24 May 2008 (EDT)