Forum:What is Needed
I have several projects going (ie, the Lay of Leithian) but otherwise have not found much to do as most of the words in Tolkien's Arda have articles. Is there any way to post a list of projects here that users can work on? --Narfil Palùrfalas 16:13, 5 May 2006 (EDT)
- A project list is a good idea. I would be happy to share some of my tasks with you if you want to start any of them :) I'll try and write a Tolkien_Gateway:Projects article today listing some ideas for projects, who's working on what, timeframes, etc. Feel free to post ideas here. Just off the top of my head though we need to rewrite all the articles, have infoboxes similar to the one at Frodo Baggins, have an image for every article, have references/sources for every article, index all the Tolkien forums and put links to forum articles on relevant articles like at Entwives, work on the music/songs section, work on the Gallery page and images, work on adding all the Tolkien-related Games, etc. etc. etc. --Hyarion 16:20, 5 May 2006 (EDT)
- Here's a question. Should we do articles on LOTR sites on the web? --Narfil Palùrfalas 19:27, 20 May 2006 (EDT)
- Would it be hard to put a direct link to the Wanted Pages in the Navigation sidebar?
- --Ted C 17:25, 9 October 2006 (EDT)
- While it wouldn't be hard I'm not sure I would recommend it as 99% of the visitors to this site are not editors and would have no use for it. Eventually I do want to rework the navigation though so it includes the main links such as those displayed in the top right of Main Page/Development --Hyarion 18:10, 9 October 2006 (EDT)
- In the toolbox, perhaps?
- --Ted C 11:58, 10 October 2006 (EDT)
- Ah.... there's still so much to be done simply with the text of the articles themselves; I've surfed the Random Page feature and so many of them are incomplete and/or badly written, and nearly all are devoid of citations (I'm guilty here!). I say we need to work on the text more than anything else; IMO that's the most important part of the stuff here. That's what I'm concentrating on anyway. --Tar-Telperien 02:36, 8 November 2006 (EST)
List of Priorities
I thought it would be a good idea to post this. It's small right now, but it'll grow. Add whatever you like.
Articles to be created
- On Tolkien websites
- On Sindarin/Quenya/Telerin/Sindarin/Doriathrin/etc. words
Articles to be expanded
- A lot of the articles on the texts themselves (eg. the Ainulindale) are incomplete or nonexistent. Warmaster has started working on some of these, but he hasn't been around much lately. I plan on fleshing out the Ainulindale and the "Tale of Adanel" when I get the time
- My most immediate project is finishing up the pages on the Darkness and the Shadow; I should then be done with the Concepts category. I will then move onto improving articles on all the Rulers of Númenor (I have already done some of them, but a lot are still rough) --Tar-Telperien 02:36, 8 November 2006 (EST)
- The Fall of Gondolin is not finished
- Etymologies should be included on all pages
- Creation and application of infoboxes on all pages