Forum:Work on Tolkien Societies
Hi people, I'll work on the Tolkien societies' list a little in the next couple of days. Two questions:
1. Just added another of the Italian groups; where's my mistake in linking to the page on the Tolkien Societies' overview page? It does not accept the link. 2. Smials list: I could work on a smials list but wouldn't we have to get an extra page for that? --Olwe 14:12, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- Hello there, Olwë! In answer to your questions:
- Your link was accepted, but it shows up in red because the Roman Association of Tolkien Studies doesn't have an article here yet.
- A smials list would be welcome, but for it to have long-term value the page would ideally need to be regularly updated. To make the page, click here and start typing!
- If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! :) -- 23:18, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- I think it was me who originally removed the list of smials and I don't think they should be reintroduced. There are several reasons I think this:
- It's not notable enough. In the grand scheme of TG very little people are interested in fandom in general or Tolkien societies specifically. Very very few people will even look at these articles.
- This information will, as KA says, need constant revision and any article that needs that degree of work is not something we generally undertake as this would be quite onerous.
- This information is, quite rightly, better hosted for respective Tolkien societies around the world for whom the information is relevant.
- I can't speak about other Tolkien societies, but I know that The Tolkien Society lacks sufficient information about its smials in order to even produce a coherent list itself. --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 23:46, 2 January 2014 (UTC)