Fourth Age 1
Revision as of 23:49, 1 September 2012 by Gamling
Fourth Age 1 began, in the reckoning of Gondor, on 25 March. The entries for this year, starting with 25 March, are repeated from Third Age 3021 to note the transition (the months and dates shown still correspond to the Shire Calendar).
- 25 - Sam's daughter Elanor is born. The beginning of the Fourth Age, according to the calendars of Gondor.
- 21 - Frodo and Sam set out from Hobbiton for the Grey Havens.
- 22 - Frodo and Sam meet the Last Riding of the Keepers in Woody End.
- 29 - Departure of the Ring-bearers for Valinor. This event is also said to mark the end of the Third Age.
Within this Year
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Chief Days from the Fall of Barad-dûr to the End of the Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix D, "The Calendars"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl", "The Kings of the Mark", Third Line
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "The Tale of Years of the Third Age", p. 244