Fourth Age 6
- Will Whitfoot resigns as Mayor of Michel Delving and Samwise Gamgee is elected for the first of seven terms.
Within this Year
- King Elessar issues and edict that Men are not to enter the Shire, and he makes it a Free Land under the protection of the Northern Sceptre.
- Peregrin Took marries Diamond of Long Cleeve.
- Birth of Merry Gardner, fourth child and second son of Samwise Gamgee and Rose Cotton.
In The Tale of Years the first event listed for S.R. 1427 is the resignation of Will Whitfoot. Since mayoral elections in the Shire occurred on Mid-year's Day which is after 25 March (corresponding to the first day of the year in Gondor) it is assumed that all of the events shown above did occur in Fourth Age 7.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "Later Events Concerning the Members of the Fellowship of the Ring".
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix C, "The Longfather-tree of Master Samwise"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, "Prologue", "Of the Ordering of the Shire"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix D, "The Calendars"