Gifts of Galadriel
Revision as of 14:26, 28 April 2013 by Morgan
Before the parting feast, the Galadhrim gave the members of the Fellowship these items:
At the parting feast, Galadriel presented specific gifts to each member of the Fellowship:
- The Elfstone for Aragorn II
- A sheath for Andúril for Aragorn II
- A golden belt for Boromir
- A silver belt for Merry
- A silver belt for Pippin
- A Galadhrim bow strung with elf hair and arrows for Legolas
- A small grey wooden box with a silver rune "G forGaladriel". Inside the box was earth from Galadriel's orchard. The box also contained a silver nut from a Mallorn tree, the last east of the sea and west of the mountains. This was given to Sam.
- Three strands of Galadriel's hair for Gimli
- The Phial of Galadriel for Frodo
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Great Years"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "Farewell to Lórien"
|Gifts of Galadriel|
|Andúril's sheath · Elfstone · Boromir's belt · Merry and Pippin's belts · Sam's garden box · Hair of Galadriel · Bow of the Galadhrim · Phial of Galadriel|