Helmut W. Pesch
|Helmut W. Pesch|
|Born||August 30, 1952|
|Occupation||Author, translator, private lecturer|
Pesch studied English philology, history of art and archaeology in Cologne and later in Glasgow. In the year 1981 he do his doctorate to become Doctor of Philosophy. His doctoral thesis was the first german work about the fantastic literature called Fantasy - Theorie und Geschichte (Fantasy - theory and history) and was published in 1982.
Between 1984 and 1986 he was subeditor for Science-Fiction and Fantasy at the german publishing company Verlagsgruppe Lübbe, since then he works there as editor for fiction. Currently Helmut W. Pesch lives with his wife and his daughter near Cologne.
- 1991: Appendices, Appendix E (I) (as Anhang E (I): Aussprache, first published in the German edition of 1991)
- 2002: The Complete Guide to Middle-earth (as Das große Mittelerde-Lexikon (revised edition))
- 2007: The Children of Húrin (as Die Kinder Húrins) (co-translator Hans J. Schütz)
- 2008: The Road to Middle-earth (as Der Weg nach Mittelerde)
- 1984: J. R. R. Tolkien: Der Mythenschöpfer (Anthology)
- 1994: Das Licht von Mittelerde (Collection of lectures and essays)
- 2001/2004: Elbisch-Wörterbuch and Elbisch - Lern- und Übungsaufgaben (Two-part elvish-dictionary with exercises)
- 2009: Das große Elbisch-Buch (Elvish-dictionary)