Hildor is a Quenya word, and contains an influence from the root KHILI ("follow"). In the Etymologies, and in the manuscript Words Phrases and Passages, appears the Quenya form hildi ("followers = mortal men"; "after-comers"), derived from the root KHIL-.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Index of Names"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "Part Four. Quendi and Eldar: Appendix A. Elvish names for Men", pp. 386-7
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, "Part Three: The Etymologies", p. 364
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 101
- ↑ Helge Kåre Fauskanger, "Quettaparma Quenyallo" at Ardalambion (accessed 16 June 2011)