Revision as of 14:36, 15 September 2012 by Morgan
- Note 1: Entries which have no article of their own carry references, otherwise references are found under each article.
- Note 2: Material which is only rumoured (i.e., where no reference has been found in a reliable published source), questionable, disputed, or similiar, are enclosed with parentheses.
Essays, Notes, and Lectures
- "The Beginnings of English Poetry" (talk to the Oxford High School for Girls)
- "Celts and Teutons"
- Critique of "Distressing Tale of Thangobrind the Jeweler"
- Diplomatarium Islandicum manuscripts
- Elvish time (partially published)
- Essay concerning Smith of Wootton Major (partially published)
- "Francis Thompson" - paper on Francis Thompson, presented to the Exeter College Essay Club. (partially published)
- Lecture on Dragons (partially published)
- Manuscript notes in Dictionary in Englysshe and Welshe
- (Notes in Specimens Of Early English)
- (Notes in Cairo Studies in English)
- Notes on etymology of 'Lydney'
- Notes on James Joyce
- Númenórean religion
- Papers relating to "English and Welsh"
- "The Ulsterior Motive"
Fiction and Poetry
- The End of Bovadium
- The Fall of Arthur
- The King of the Green Dozen
- The Orgog
- Sellic Spell
- Tales and Songs of Bimble Bay
- (Unknown "alliterative poem")
- "The Brothers in Arms" (or "The Brothers-in-Arms")
- "Companions of the Rose"
- "Copernicus and Ptolemy" (or "Copernicus v. Ptolemy")
- "The Dale-lands"
- "From the many-willow'd margin of the immemorial Thames (second stanza) [add note in article]
- "The Grimness of the Sea" [add note in article]
- "The Horns of the Host of Doriath"
- "Magna Dei Gloria"
- "Tol Erresëa" [add note in article]
- Jan Broberg 1 June 1961 (only published in Swedish)
- Den besynnerlige professor Tolkien (only published in Swedish)
Linguistics (invented languages)
- (athelas/asëa etymology (1970s))
- Book of the Foxrook (partially published)
- Common Eldarin pronominal elements (grammatical description; partially published)[note 1]
- Discussion of Quenya demonstrative and relative pronouns (partially published; dating from the 1940s)
- "Homophonic stems" (partially published; ca. 1968, typescript text)
- "Lyenna" inscription (1968)
- "Late essay", ca. 1966-70 (partially published)
- Noldorin Grammar
- Specimens of Tolkien's invented languages in tengwar-type script from the 1930s (might appear in "future issues of Parma Eldalamberon")
- Cigar bill (3 March 1972)
- Collection of Simonne d'Ardenne (includes letters, lecture notes, etc.; only a tengwar inscription from the collection published)
- The Diaries of J.R.R. Tolkien (partially published)
- English to Anglo-Saxon Dictionary
- "Index questions" (Glossary-index) (partially published)
- Oxford University visitor's page
- "The Sword of the Stone manuscript"
Translations and Editions
- the "Clarendon Chaucer"
- "Gunnar's End". [Translation of brief passage from the Norse Atlakviða into Old English verse.]
- The Owl and the Nightingale
- Pwyll Prince of Dyved
- (Die Walküre)
- ↑ Christina Scull, Wayne G. Hammond, "Addenda and Corrigenda to The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (2006) Vol. 1: Chronology" , Hammond&Scull.com (accessed 19 May 2012)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien; Douglas A. Anderson, (ed.), (2002) The Annotated Hobbit: Revised and Expanded Edition, p. 205
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, p. 842
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, p. 843
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, p. 848
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: I. Chronology, p. 850
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 14
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Early Elvish Poetry and Pre-Fëanorian Alphabets", in Parma Eldalamberon XVI (edited by Christopher Gilson, Arden R. Smith, Patrick H. Wynne, Carl F. Hostetter and Bill Welden), pp. 96-7
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Eldarin Hands, Fingers & Numerals and Related Writings — Part Three" (edited by Patrick H. Wynne), in Vinyar Tengwar, Number 49, June 2007, p. 14
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 44
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Qenya Alphabet", in Parma Eldalamberon XX (edited by Arden R. Smith), p. 5
- ↑ Nathalie Kotowski, "Letter to the Editor", in Vinyar Tengwar 23 (1992), p. 16
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 847