|Publisher||The University Catholic Societies Federation|
Among J.R.R. Tolkien's manuscripts is found a note that he published his poem "Tinfang Warble" in he "I.U.M[agazine]". Another poem published by Tolkien in this magazine was "The Grey Bridge of Tavrobel" (in the same or in another issue).
John Garth identified the acronym as likely referring to the Inter-University Magazine. According to Christopher Tolkien, the publication of the former poem took place in 1927. However, he has not been able to retrace how this year was established, and Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull have therefore suggested "a less absolute publication date" for both poems, to sometime between ?1925 and ?1927. As to date, no physical copy of the journal containing any of the poems has been found.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, "Inter-University Magazine" dated 2 March 2012, Hammond&Scull.com (accessed 21 June 2012)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Book of Lost Tales Part One, "The Chaining of Melko": "Notes and Commentary", p. 108
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: II. Reader's Guide, p. 353
- ↑ John Garth, Tolkien and the Great War, p. 327
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, "Addenda and Corrigenda to The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide (2006) Vol. 1: Chronology" , Hammond&Scull.com (accessed 21 June 2012)