Revision as of 10:38, 12 May 2009 by Ederchil
This article or section is a stub. Please help Tolkien Gateway by expanding it.
Ioreth was the eldest of the women who served in Minas Tirith's Houses of Healing, whose remembrance of old lore helped restore the health of Faramir. She came originally from Imloth Melui in Lossarnach.
Portrayal in Adaptations
- Prunella Scales is credited as Ioreth in the fifth episode of the second run, "Minas Tirith and Mount Doom". As Scales was in her twenties at the time, it is unknown to what extent the "old lady" aspect was used.
- Pat Franklyn is creidted as "The Old Woman". She is not referred to as Ioreth at any time, but here lines are lifted from Ioreth's.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Letter to a Mr. Joukes dated August 28, 1967", published in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull, The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, page 579
- ↑ Radio Times, Volume 133, No. 1727, December 14, 1956
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings (1979 radio series), "The Sword That Was Broken... New Forged"
- ↑ The Lord of the Rings (1981 radio series), "The Battle of Pelennor Fields (episode)"