J.R.R. Tolkien: This Far Land
Revision as of 10:34, 26 May 2010 by Morgan
|J.R.R. Tolkien: This Far Land|
|Author||Robert Giddings (ed.)|
|Publisher||Vision Press (UK), Barnes & Noble (US)|
J.R.R. Tolkien: This Far Land is a collection of essays, edited by Robert Giddings.
- Robert Giddings: "Introduction"
- Fred Inglis: "Gentility and Powerlessness: Tolkien and the New Class"
- Roger King: "Recovery, Escape, Consolation: Middle-earth and the English Fairy Tale"
- Janet Menzies: "Middle-earth and the Adolescent"
- Nigel Walmsley: "Tolkien and the 60's"
- Diana Wynne Jones: "The Shape of the Narrative in The Lord of the Rings"
- Derek Robinson: "The Hasty Stroke Goes Oft Astray: Tolkien and Humour"
- Kenneth McLeish: "The Rippingest Yarn of All"
- Alan Bold: "Hobbit Verse Versus Tolkien's Poem"
- Nick Otty: "The Structuralist's Guide to Middle-earth"
- Brenda Partridge: "No Sex Please- We're Hobbits: The Construction of Female Sexuality in The Lord of the Rings"