Revision as of 14:05, 15 September 2012 by Morgan
In the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, there are at least three references to Joyce and his works:
- A brief reference in a draft of the lecture "A Secret Vice".
- A note on the back of a manuscript page of The Lord of the Rings, held at the collections of the Marquette University.
- The line "Anna Livia Plurabelle" (from Joyce's Finnegans Wake) at the top of a linguistic manuscript.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 John D. Rateliff, "The New Arrival: Parma Twenty (comment field)" dated 08 September 2012, Sacnoth's Scriptorium (accessed 15 September 2012)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Qenya Alphabet", in Parma Eldalamberon XX (edited by Arden R. Smith)
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (2006), The J.R.R. Tolkien Companion and Guide: II. Reader's Guide, p. 817