|Lifetime||August 20, 1948|
|In||The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy|
Australian actor and director John Noble (born 1948) played Denethor in The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy. In the credits of the Extended edition of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, he is accidentally credited as "John Nogle".
- "The main thing about Denethor is that he's a father, which is something I can relate to very strongly. The approach I took was he's a powerful father, a good man, but he's inexorably drawn to his own destruction because of his grief."
- ― John Noble on Denethor, lordoftherings.net
- 2004 - Critics' Choice Award, Best Acting Ensemble, Peter Jackson's The Return of the King
- 2004 - NBR Award, Best Acting by an Ensemble, Peter Jackson's The Return of the King
- 2004 - SAG Award, Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture, Peter Jackson's The Return of the King