m (→Portrayal in adaptations)
m (Bot comment: changed category.)
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 18:05, 13 June 2012
Lebennin was a region and fiefdom in southern Gondor.
Lebennin was largely populated by Men of mixed blood, as many Men of Lebennin traced their ancestry to the forgotten 'Men of the Mountains' that had been displaced from the White Mountains by the Númenóreans.
Portrayal in adaptations
1982-97: Middle-earth Role Playing:
- Lebennin is the most populous province in Southern Gondor. Its capital is Pelargir, and other landmarks in the region include Fanuilond (town), Glinduin (river) and Serni (river).
1995-8: Middle-earth Collectible Card Game:
- Lebennin is a region which links to Anórien, Belfalas, Lamedon, and the Mouths of the Anduin. "Men of Lebennin" is a Man Faction, playable at the site Pelargir.
- ↑ Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 274 (citing from the Unfinished index)
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p. 95
- ↑ Compound Sindarin Names in Middle-earth at Tolkiendil.com (accessed 27 June 2011)
- ↑ Jason Beresford, Anders Blixt, Mats Blomqvist, Gunnar Brolin, Jeff Hatch, Tim Innes, Åke Rosenius, Martin Rundkvist, Erik, Rågvik, Chris Seeman, Magnus Seter (1996), Southern Gondor: The Land (#2021)