Led Zeppelin are often considered to write lyrics inspired from Tolkien's works. It can also be noted that one of Robert Plant's dogs was named Strider.
Songs with alleged Tolkien influence
- The lyrics mention an encounter with the police after getting stoned in the park, and leaving to go to the Misty Mountains ("where the spirits fly").
- Over the Hills and Far Away
- Believed to describe The Hobbit and Bilbo Baggins's discovery of the One Ring.
- Mentions the Ringwraiths and the "King of Peace", believed to be a figure similar to Aragorn.
- Mentions Gollum and Mordor
Stairway to Heaven has also been misinterpreted to have Tolkienian references such as the line "There's a feeling I get when I look to the West And my spirit is crying for leaving".
- ↑ Exclusions at The Tolkien Music List