Lego (trademarked in capitals as LEGO) is a line of construction toys manufactured by the Danish company Lego Group.
While Lego has released several themed sets over the years from licensed film franchises such as Star Wars and Harry Potter, there has been no official set themed around The Lord of the Rings.
In 2010, Wesley Yin-Poole, interviewing LEGO Harry Potter producer Loz Doyle, wrote that "[Doyle] refused to deny that a LEGO Lord of the Rings or a LEGO The Hobbit game is in development" but admitted a LEGO game based on the New Line Cinema films and Tolkien books "'would definitely work'".
A Wikia user claimed to have found a bit of evidence for a Lego The Lord of the Rings video game, when discovering key words ("LOTR Ring") within the program files of Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game. However, other Wikia users remarked that those key words might have another meaning within the files.
- Tolkien fans, despite the lack of official products, have nevertheless been creative on modifying and assembling Lego bricks to resemble characters, and even cities, from Tolkien's legendarium.
- Lego at Wikipedia
- Official LEGO Lord of the Rings web site
- Fan-made Middle-earth Lego creations:
- ↑ Wesley Yin-Poole, "LEGO Lord of the Rings 'would definitely work' (15/02/2010)" at Videogamer.com (accessed 28 July 2010)
- ↑ Lego lord/Guess what my precious? at LEGO Wiki (accessed 3 September 2011)