Lembas Extra: Proceedings of the 5th Unquendor Lustrum
|Lembas Extra: Proceedings of the 5th Unquendor Lustrum|
|Author||Edited by Dorine Ratulangie|
|Publisher||Tolkienshop.com (on behalf of Unquendor)|
|Released||May 2008 (2nd, revised printing: October 2008)|
Lembas Extra: Proceedings of the 5th Unquendor Lustrum, Baarlo, 9 - 11 June 2006 (inside title: Lembas-extra 2008[note 1]) is an issue of the journal Lembas Extra. It includes several unpublished letters by J.R.R. Tolkien in the paper "Tolkien and Belgium".
- Preface by Dorine Ratulangie
- "Pictures to accompany a Great Story" by Cor Blok
- "Discussing language history with J.R.R. Tolkien"[note 2] by Arne Zettersten
- "In de Ban van de Ring - Old and new fashions of a translation" by Renée Vink
- "Things to remember when translating Tolkien" by Nils Ivar Agoy
- "Tolkien and Belgium" by Johan Vanhecke
- "God in Middle-earth?" by Ron Pirson
- About the authors
From the publisher
The proceedings of the 5th Unquendor Lustrum Conference 2006 are now available, published in a special Lembas Extra issue. The 2006 Lustrum celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Dutch Tolkien Society Unquendor. Ron Pirson PhD and Dorine Ratulangie MA invited several scholars who contributed to studies or art in a Tolkien context: Professor Cor Blok, guest of honour of the Lustrum Conference, Professor Arne Zettersten, Renee Vink MA, Professor Nils Ivar Agoy, and Johan Vanhecke MA. The papers they presented are included in this Lembas Extra.
As a tribute we have included one of the papers Ron Pirson PhD wrote in Dutch on Tolkien. He initiated the organisation of the Lustrum Conference. His illness and his passing in 2006 saddened us all. This Lembas Extra is dedicated to him.
Lembas Extra is available at the Dutch Tolkien Society Unquendor (www.unquendor.nl) and the Tolkienwinkel (www.tolkienwinkel.nl).
- ↑ A slightly different version of this title is often used by Unquendor: Lembas Extra 2008
- ↑ The title in the publication's Contents is "Discussing language history with J.R.R. Tolkien". However, the title of the paper (p.16) is "Discussing language with J.R.R. Tolkien". The publisher replied in a private correspondance with User:Morgan (of May 26th, 2010) that the latter was an editorial error.