Les aventures de Tom Bombadil
|Les Aventures de Tom Bombadil|
|Publisher||Christian Bourgois Éditeur|
|Released||1st Edition 1975|
Les Aventures de Tom Bombadil is the French translation of The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. The work was translated by Dashiell Hédayat and presented in a bilingual edition in English and French.
Les Aventures de Tom Bombadil reproduces two manuscript pages by J.R.R. Tolkien. One includes a version of 'A Elbereth Gilthoniel' and partial and full versions of 'Namárië'. The other includes short extracts from the chapters 'Many Meetings' and 'The Council of Elrond' in The Lord of the Rings. Also included is a reproduction of a handwritten description by Christopher Tolkien of the two manuscript pages.
- 1978: Les Aventures de Tom Bombadil. Union Générale d'Éditions. Christian Bourgois Éditeur. ISBN 2264009136. Paperback.
- 1983: Les Aventures de Tom Bombadil. Christian Bourgois Éditeur. ISBN 2264009136. Paperback. Cover illustration by Maud Tindal Atkinson. Reprinted in 1986 and 1991.
- 1992: Les Aventures de Tom Bombadil. Christian Bourgois Éditeur. ISBN 2266052632. Paperback. Cover illustration by Kéna. Reprinted in 1994.
- 2001: Les Aventures de Tom Bombadil. Editions Pocket. October 2001. ISBN 2-266-107086-X. Cover art by John Howe
- ↑ An Illustrated Tolkien Bibliography at Tolkienbooks.net
- ↑ John Howe: "I swear I had nothing to do with the sub-rights sale and the choice of the picture. Honest! I rarely interfere in sub-rights sales made by the editor, but there are times when I wonder if a little help choosing the right pictures might not be called for.." (on john-howe.com (external link).