Lords of Middle-earth: Vol. III
|Lords of Middle-earth: Vol. III - Hobbits, Dwarves, Ents, Orcs & Trolls|
|Author||R. Mark Colburn, Peter C. Fenlon, John D. Ruemmler, Terry K. Amthor, Jessica M. Ney|
|Publisher||Iron Crown Enterprises|
Lords of Middle-earth: Vol. III is a supplement (in the Sourcebook-series) for Middle-earth Role Playing, 1st Edition.
In a fantasy role playing game, you become a main character in a fantasy adventure you create. With this character compendium you can meet Middle-earth's most exciting figures! Call them forth to add drama and danger to your fantasy game. Adventure with Thorin Oakenshield, challenge Bolg the Orc-lord to combat, battle the minions of Rogrog the Troll, or seek help in Fangorn Forest from Treebeard the Ent!
This volume describes Hobbits, the Little People often ignored in the histories; Dwarves, the Children of Aulë; Ents, the Guardians of the Forests; and Orcs and Trolls, creatures perverted by Morgoth to serve his evil ends. Each is described by appearance, motivation, characteristics, and background. Game statistics for the MERP and Rolemaster game systems are included. These stats can be easily converted to most major FRP systems.
Inside you'll find:
- HOBBITS, the furry-footed Halflings with surprising inner strength, like Bilbo, Frodo, Samwise, Merry, and Pippin.
- DWARVES, the ancient and secretive folk created from stone, including Gimli, Torin Oakenshield, and Durin the Deathless
- ENTS, the slow-speaking herders of trees, including Treebeard, Quickbeam, and the Ent-wife Fimbrethil
- ORCS, hideous thralls to Dark Lord, like Azog, slayer of Thrór; Bolg, and Golfimbul, foe to Bullroarer Took
- TROLLS, foul monsters created by Morgoth, including Gothmog, Warlord of the Host of Gorgoroth, and Bert, Tom, and William, who argued over the proper way to cook Dwarves