|Cover artist||Pauline Baynes|
|Publisher||The Tolkien Society|
|Printer||The Printed Word, Horsham, UK|
|Format||A4 stapled paperback, glossy|
|Preceded by||Mallorn 43|
|Followed by||Mallorn 45|
Mallorn 44 was the last issue to be published under the more academic format before the journal was revamped by the new editor, Henry Gee; as a result of the change of editor and format, Mallorn 45 wasn't published until Spring 2008, over 18 months later.
Reprinted by kind permission of The Tolkien Society and the named cover artists - all rights reserved.
- Front Cover
- By: Pauline Baynes
- About the Tolkien Society
- By: Len Sanford
- "In the Shadow of the Tree: A study of the motif of the White Tree in the context of JRR Tolkien's Middle-earth"
- By: Michael Cunningham
- "Jewish influences in Middle-earth"
- By: Zak Cramer
- "Tolkien-on-sea: The view from the shores of Middle-earth"
- By: John Ellison
- "Swords and sky stones: Meteoric iron in The Silmarillion"
- By: Kristine Larsen
- "'Queer, exciting and debatable': Tolkien, and Shorthouse's John Inglesant"
- By: Dale Nelson
- "Frodo as Beowulf: Tolkien reshapes the Anglo-Saxon Heroic Ideal"
- By: Robert Goldberg
- Poetry: Jack-in-the-Green
- By: Anon
- Poetry: Not marching to the gates of Gondolin...
- By: Poinsetta Took
- "On Tom Bombadil: The function of Tom Bombadil"
- By: Klaus Jensen and Ruairidh MacDonald
- "'I have looked the last on that which is fairest': Elegy in Beowulf and Tolkien's Lothlorien"
- By: Leigh Smith
- "Aragorn: Tales of the heir of Isildur. Part 1 - the evolution of the man"
- By: Håken Arvidsson
- About the authors
- Back Cover
- By: Lorenzo Daniele
- Inside Art
- Mallorn, the large tree after which the journal is named
- List of Mallorn issues
- Mallorn cover art gallery
- Amon Hen, the bi-monthly bulletin of The Tolkien Society