Revision as of 00:48, 1 August 2010 by Morgan
men is a Quenya word that means
- mene (aorist) "goes"
- menin (aorist) "I go"
- ména (present) "is coming to an end"
- menne (past + locative) "arrived, reached"
- menuva (future) will arrive
- eménie (perfect) "has just arrived"
Tolkien first noted the verb as ten, before mending the first consonant.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, The Etymologies
- ↑ Vinyar Tengwar, Number 47, February 2005, p.11
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Words, Phrases and Passages in Various Tongues in The Lord of the Rings", in Parma Eldalamberon XVII (edited by Christopher Gilson), p.166