Mountains of Angmar
m (Rewrote the history, adding references)
m (Changed category 'Mountains' to 'Mountain ranges')
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 04:21, 3 June 2013
|Mountains of Angmar|
|Location||Northern Eriador, west of Mount Gundabad|
Orc of the Mountains
|Description||A mountain range, where at its western end the Witch King's fortress of Carn Dûm lay.|
|Events||Destruction of Angmar|
The Mountains of Angmar was an extension of the Misty Mountains that lay to the west of Mount Gundabad, home to the Witch-king of Angmar who ruled from his capital Carn Dûm on the western tip of the mountain range.
The Witch-king came to the Mountains around T.A. 1300 and established the realm of Angmar. There he gathered evil men, Orcs and other evil creatures. The Witch-king was defeated at the Battle of Fornost in T.A. 1975 along with all of Angmar's men and orcs west of the mountains. In 1977 Frumgar and the Éothéod drove off Angmar's remnants east of the mountains. Orcs probably returned around T.A. 2480 as they constructed secret strongholds along the Misty Mountain range but were again reduced in numbers by the Battle of Five Armies in 2941.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The West of Middle-earth at the End of the Third Age" [map]
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Eriador, Arnor, and the Heirs of Isildur"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The House of Eorl"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit, "The Clouds Burst"