Narqelion ("Autumn") is a poem written by J.R.R. Tolkien and his first Elvish poem. The original manuscript has the dates of November 1915 to March 1916 which was most likely when it was composed.
- Four lines of the poem were badly transcribed by Humphrey Carpenter in J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography.
- The complete poem was then published with an analysis by Paul Nolan Hyde in Mythlore 56 in 1988.
- The poem was then reprinted in Vinyar Tengwar 6 and then in Vinyar Tengwar 12 with translation by Paul Nolan Hyde and a synopsis by Jorge Quiñonez.
- Again it was published in 1990 in Parma Eldalamberon 9:6-32 with an exposition by Patrick H. Wynne and Christopher Gilson.
- Another publication was in Vinyar Tengwar 40 with an analysis by Chris Gilson.
|Original||Translated by Chris Gilson|
From the elm-tree falling one by one