New Zealand as Middle-earth
Revision as of 10:33, 28 March 2009 by Mthomas
- Matamata. A field outside Matamata, a small town in the North Island, was a minor filming location for external Bag End and Shire scenes and possibly for Bilbo's party
- Keeling Farm, Manukau
- Otaki Totara Forest
- Port Wikato. In that hilly location nothing was built. Peter Jackson's crew left the hill untouched and used it for external background scenes and allso for the hollow scene, where Aragorn and the Hobbits camp for the night.
- Te Anau
- Wellington. For the fight with the Nazgul scene, filmed in studio.
- Tarras, Wanaka
- Kaitoke, Regional Park
- Paradise, Glenorchy. There was filmed the scene where The Fellowship enters Lothlorien.
- Fernside, Featherston. In this area was shot the departure from lorien scene, due to its colorful trees and beautiful river.
- Kawarau river
where the Argonath scene was shot
- Poet's corner, Upper Hutt
- Kaitoke, regional Park
- Mavora Lakes. This is the place where the scene with the fellowship leaving the boats was shot
- Paradise, Glenorchy
- Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown, Where an Amon Hen ruin was built and used for some scenes
The Two Towers
The Return of the King
- Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, special extended DVD Edition, Disc 3: The Appendices part One.
- Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, special extended DVD Edition, Disc 3: The Appendices part three.
- Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, special extended DVD Edition, Disc 3: The Appendices part five.