This article or section needs more/new/more-detailed sources to conform to a higher standard and to provide proof for claims made.
|Titles||King of the Teleri/Alqualondë|
|Birth||Cuiviénen (possibly firstborn) |
|Death||Did not die |
- "Two lords they had, for their numbers were very great: Elwë Singollo, which signifies Greymantle, and Olwë his brother. The hair of Olwë was long and white, and his eyes were blue; but the hair of Elwë was grey as silver, and his eyes were as stars; he was the tallest of all the Elven-folk."
- ― "Of the Coming of the Elves"
Olwë became Lord of the island of Tol Eressëa, where the Teleri built a great number of cities, and grew in number. When they finally came to Eldamar some centuries later, Olwë became king of Alqualondë. His daughter Eärwen married Finarfin son of Finwë and later King of the Noldor in Valinor. Besides Eärwen, Olwë had several sons.
The Falmari called him sometimes Volwë.
|Lord of the Falmari||Followed by:|
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Morgoth's Ring, "Part Three. The Later Quenta Silmarillion: (I) The First Phase: 3. Of the Coming of the Elves", p. 163
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The War of the Jewels, "Part Four. Quendi and Eldar" p. 369
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "The Shibboleth of Fëanor" p. 357